Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dorothy, we're not in Kansas!

(This thing was in the middle of nowhere - the stange shit you see)

Monday - Commuted to work in a super strong wind - felt good. I really like commuting at night.

Tuesday - rode after work with Michael and Jeff for about 20 miles- felt good. Came up to the light at Lindbergh and Clayton and while we were waiting a hot looking MILF pulled up next to us in a brand new 135i BMW convertible. Michael said something about the make of the car and she heard and started a small talk conversation. Michael said, "Well, that's a good looking car." To which I added, "and you look pretty good in it." Michael than said, "Yeah, the contents aren't bad either." Just than the light turned and she liked giggled and gave us one of those waves and she sped off - you could tell the chick was flattered. We were cracking up. I guarantee there is some fat out of shape fuck living in some big Ladue house who got laid that night and was wondering what the hell came over my wife on a Tuesday! Well, you should thank us, you fat ass.

Wednesday - Commuted my 25 miles

Thursday and Friday - No riding

Saturday - Ok here it goes. Judy did her 5 century's and earned her Jersery. I committed to ride them with her, except one when I was in Kentucky. So...do I do the last one and get the Jersey - Oh, hell yeah. Sandy Creek. 100 lovely and hilly miles in Jefferson County. I did this 4 years ago and they have radically changed and eased the course. Don't get me wrong, it was still a lot of climbing, but it was really doable. The last time, it was 109 miles, in 100 degree heat and had way more fucked up Jefferson County hills - only 30 people (me being one of them) finished. I swear, when I finished that ride I was crying in pain. This time around was not as bad. I counted 8 ball-buster, true Jefferson county hills - you know the messed up - out of control grades. The rest of the ride was nice rollers. I met up with Jeff from work and we decided to ride the first 64 miles together. We had a blast - how could you not, it's Jefferson County, home of Meth and wacknutsWe jammed out the pace and passed people like crazy - we also passed all the rest stops. On the 3rd and last rest stop, the guy told us we were numbers 2 and 3. After lunch, Judy showed up and rode the last 36 miles with me. I swear I thought the first 64 easier than the last 36. Judy started out slow but really picked herself up. It turned out to be a perfect amount of miles for her and it was great riding with her. This was my favorite ride with her this year and she did a great job - this her first taste of Jefferson County! The best part of the ride was this dead skunk in the middle of the road 50 yards from the finishYeah, I bunny hopped the thing! (Don't tell PETA)

No comments:

Post a Comment