Sunday, September 27, 2009

Summer is over - but road season isn't?

First - props to The Hub Cross Team for sweeping the podium at Hermann Night Cross - what a race to miss!

Monday: Commuted to work - It was the last week of summer and cold. It poured on the way home and I was soaked. My new Chrome pack is awesome. I swear I rode in a downpour and my pack was completely dry. The best $26 I remember spending!

Tuesday: Rode after work with Michael and Jeff - I felt really tired. I was getting my ass waxed as I struggled on the hills

Wednesday: Commuted to work. Tomorrow is the last day of summer - to celebrate, as I was riding through Forest Park, a whole sorority from Wash U was out running with almost EVERY girl in a sports-bra - I tried to look sly while doing it, and although it didn't turn out, I had to take a photo for the blog! (man my phone camera sucks!)

Thursday: Rode with Michael and Jeff after work. I felt a lot better.
When I got home, Judy gave me the red light to go to Forest Park Cross Practice. I just got my new Hutchinson Bulldog tubeless on my Sl's so this was my first time on them. Cross practice was pretty cool. They did these three lap races which was pretty fun. My problem was the course was SO twisty that I would loose the course as it overlapped more worn sections. On the last race, 4 guys were on my wheel and I missed a turn a rode everybody right off the course - my bad.

Friday: No riding

Saturday: Did the HUB ride - Felt Ok - I was looking for a milder paced ride, but with these guys it is always game on. My only problem was the transition from Mason to Conway. As we went through the stop sign up the little hill, the guy in front of me(shall remain nameless) let a break form. Mark blasted around and the guy in front of me did not move. So I took the initiative to close the gap. I had to go around him and try to sprint, with him making zero freaking effort. Well I was getting gassed because I suck and this is my weakness, Devin and the other Mark on the tandem came blasting by and the dude who let it all happen was on the tandem's wheel. What a douche - I was blew up and was off the back. It's one thing to suck and get dropped, but I felt fine and this just really pissed me off. Oh well, I finished and that was that. I didn't want to go that hard anyway.

Sunday: Knucklehead - would have taken a picture, but my phone died. We had a great Hub crew - Ron Clipp showed up late, Andy, Kevin, Marc, Mark on the tandem with his wife and Eddy. Michael R. was on the ride. Did the short route and it was freaking fast. Going up Kehr's Mill was a ballbuster - but I was in there fine - Marc M. and Vince from Big Shark was pushing the pace. Everything was fine and then... Deja Vu - my buddy Michael R. put the spank on me this time. I was taking the pull down Clayton by Straubs at 24 mph - a fine strong speed - and Michael came around me at 28+mph laughing, so I had to jump on his wheel and jam to keep up with him. As we come to the short downhill right before the steep sprinter hill be Principia, he pulls off gassed leaving me the front again - I had no choice but to pull into the hill - I tried to jam it at 20mph but I know this game plan. Marc, followed by Kevin came blasting by with the train in tow going right by me. On the back...Yeah you know it, Michael. There was no way I could jump on and that was that. Luckily, we were right at the end of the ride, so caught up with Kevin at Geyer and we waited for Ron and Andy and than rode back. Ok... this is NOT going to happen next week!!!! You hear that Michael and nameless guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment