Sunday, September 20, 2009

Feeling Exposed - and missing the good stuff

This is one of the "referees" at Monkey Joe's. This guy is running around with kids and cleaning the floor and his fly is wide open! All Judy and I could do is laugh (and take this picture). He walked over to a table with a mom and her kid and all the mom could do is cover her eyes - hilarious.

Ok - back to biking... I need a new bike - Ok - not this one. You should of seen the fat ass riding the Ghetto-cruiser!

So I've taken some time off from the whole scene. I've missed the Hub ride, Knucklehead, my blog, etc. since Gateway. It's not like I've porked up and not been on the bike, it has just been nice laying up. I have been commuting to work - always a plus to run into peeps like Bill I love riding to work - it makes me so happy. I have also been riding with Michael and Jeff after work, which has also been fun.

On Saturday I had big plans - Judy's last century and Night Cross in Hermann. I was super pumped for both rides. First was Judy's century - The Beer and Brat. This was a super century, great route and weather. Unfortunately, Judy got a little sick during the ride, but to her credit, she pushed through.I am really proud of Judy. She made the commitment to ride all 5 and she did. As I peddle next to her, she always says, "this is nothing to you." Well, it is something for her - and I am proud of her accomplishment- way to go!

The century took a little longer than I thought and I was unable to make Night Cross. We would have arrived too late. The Hub was out strong - In the 4's was Bill, Loren, Dave Smith, and The Hub took the podium with Robert, Rock and Eric Seaver! (EL CAVANO!) The Hub had guys in every race - It should be a great cross season. I turned my SL's into tubeless - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I sure am going super fast in that pic!

    Thanks for the Weach and the CD. My wife asked who the "Mastodon's" were. Nice choice.

    LC

    ReplyDelete