Sunday, May 30, 2010

Goodbyes

Goodbyes is the theme for this blog - Goodbye to work! (Summer Vacation) - Goodbye to Michael Rawitscher who is leaving for greener pastures - Goodbye Tues/Thurs after work rides (at least until September) - Goodbye to my stupid ass rear tire that flatted with a tear on Saturday - Goodbye to my family as I am Louisville, KY bound for next week.

Monday - Commuted big time - Rode to work, Rode home, Rode to Bread Co. In Kirkwood, Rode back to work, Rode home in the near-dark with no lights -oops.

Tuesday - Rode to and fro work. After work, Michael, Jeff and I rode our last after school ride. We went on a nice long ride, but Michael felt horrible and we really took it easy. With Michael not coming back next year, I was a really bummed. That night I rode the Alpine Shop ride with Judy. Still a wacky-ass ride. After the ride, Judy, Valerie and I went to the Highlands where they had $2.00 beers. I put more than a few away and we had to, once again, ride home in the dark with no lights - oops. I was a little bummed out I missed Taco Tuesday after TNW.

Wednesday - missed the Hub ride - but I heard it was rained out - a bunch of guys had to take shelter at a gas station because of the nasty storm that came through.

Thursday - Rode during the morning With Jeff L and Rich Witt. A great ride - perfect temps. We rode to High Ridge - one of my favorite rides. The ride to High Ridge is a solid gain in elevation for 15 miles - but coming down - rock and roll!

Friday - nothing.

Saturday - Went on the morning Hub ride - I went in to Hub for a second and when I came back out, my tire just went flat. I quickly ran back in, because I was now holding up the ride and changed it out - then I noticed the tube popping through like a pimple. I quickly rode back home and swapped out a new tire and ride the ride backwards until I met them on the outer-rode. The ride was wicked fast - average for the complete ride was 22.2! Now that is fast. When I joined them - it was haulin' balls. We went Adams at warp speed - Devin was in the front and the Heine took over - I think I was out of my saddle just trying to keep the wheel in front of me - luckily I was fifth wheel or I would have been shelled.

Sunday - Knucklehead - time switched to 6_30 - Rode out with Kevin, Matt (home from college), Matthew and Tim. The ride out was really sketchy - made me a little tense. This fatter fuck in front of me was all over the place and THAN he started to eat - AHHH - finally the ride split into the longer/shorter ride - usually a few guys go long and most go short - today - only like 15 guys went short and like 50 went long - man, I wish - oh well, short it was. Vince DeBlasie was there and he started to lay down the pace. The funniest part was when I took a pull along the flats - this rabbit was in the road and I was barreling down on it. The ribbit reacts and begins to run straight down the rode in front of me - This thing was a riot - I pulled up and let him go on his way. When we hit the hill, Vince took off and I caught his wheel. It was only Me, Vince, Kevin and another guy. After that we continued to push it all the way back to Geyer. It was a really good, fast ride - I was riding really strong and felt good.

Well... I am off the Louisville for a whole week. Plan on riding that fast group ride and another shop ride on Wed. - aside from that, just simple peddling.

3 comments:

  1. give me a 5 on the AP! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heine, Gowler, and Devin really worked us over for sure . . . that's what happens when no race next day. Curse them! :) Good to be reminded why I'm a Cat 4. ! b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dudes - this is huge - Nobody ever writes me! I don't quite know what to say - right now, I'm blushing.
    Bill - the ride was hard, but you are a stud. I like you solo recount of O'Fallon - you are a Cat 4, but your our Cat 4!
    Joe - Saw your essay - gave you a 2 just to make you mad and to stew over the fact that you wasted 90 dollars! (Honestly, I graded nobody from Missouri I think - plus, I was doing odd tests that you did not take).

    ReplyDelete