Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ballas Sucks

You know what they say - Shit Happens.

I've been having a great time commuting to work. I have been cutting back a little because of my car. Currently I have a VW EOS Convertible - man, I look good in this car. When I bought the car and watched the top go down, I looked at the salesman and said - I'm leasing it - There would be no way I would keep it outside of warranty with the hydraulics and moving parts - if one thing goes out it would be $1000. I had a front light go out and it was $225 - no kidding, that's insane (it was nothing for me because of the warranty). Well, anyway, in December my car is up - so I figure I have one good month of convertible weather left - and I am going to enjoy it - commuting will have to wait!


The New Belgium Urban Assault - Great times with Judy. We finished and had a blast. The only thing that pissed me off was no costume contest - come on - Dora and Diego Kicked ASS. We were super surprised how many people did not know who Dora and Diego are - God, grow the hell up and have kids already - it's Dora the Explorer

So here it is - my big crash. This has really fucked me up. We were on the Saturday Hub ride 2 weeks ago and I was feeling fine - my form was sort of returning - thoughts of some Gateway racing was in my head - we turned on Ballas and was behind Matthew, mid pack going about 30 mph downhill, when out of nowhere was a good 6-8 inch rock and all I remember was my handlebars turning sideways and me skidding on my shoulder to a stop - and Bryan falling right on top of me! So the damage - Luckily my wheels and frame were OK - the only harm was my handlebars cracked in half and my shifters have cosmetic damage, My helmet cracked, my leg and shoulder left a good amount of skin on the roadI also big time bruised my left side ribs. I did get right back on the bike and commuted on Tuesday and rode the Hub ride on Wed., taking the cut-off which was good for me. Talked with Phil about racing maybe Lafayette Square at Gateway - but at this point - no way. I have just gotten to the point where my ribs have stopped hurting when I breathe - bummer.

Really looking forward to cross season - I signed up for Herman Night Cross - should be a blast. I'm thinking about getting some Challenge Grifo Clinchers for this year - I would love to ride tubulars - just lack the wheels!

2 comments: