Monday, September 13, 2010

The end of my non-racing summer

My non-racing summer has come to an end - with good time.
Gateway Cup. I got to admit - I really wanted to race Lafayette - but I did not. However, I did have a good time...Drinking Beer!
Lafayette was quite a partyI also made the Hill which was also quite a party
I want to give a shout out to my Cat 3 and 4 buddies in the mix all weekend - Bryan Sauter, Bill Howells, Robert Mayfield, Dave Smith, Chris Miller - If I forgot anyone - my bad.

Did play a little poker at The Hub
which was amazing - Finally I won. After all these years of just giving away 10 dollars - I finally came away a winner OH Yeah!

I have done a little bit of riding:

I have been doing The Hub Saturday rides which has been good. Two weeks ago, I refused to go Ballas and rode home Geyer - I am so done with the Ballas Roubaix - Fool me once = double pinch flat at 30 mph - Fool me twice = Crash at 30 mph - I won't get fooled again. This last Saturday I had a nice laid back ride with Devin, Matt, and Andy. Last Wed. instead of doing the Hub ride, which turned out to be one of the smartest things I have done lately, Phil and I rode with Team Revolution on their Ted Drewes ride - which was fun... bikes, 30 chicks and Ted Drewes - could be heaven - except there would be a lot of nudity. On the Hub ride, Nate was pulling and when he pulled off locked up his breaks and went right over the bars going at 30 mph or so. Bill said his bike went like 10 feet in the air and he landed in the street on his head and back. He was out cold and an ambulance was called and Nate was taken to the Emergency room - I heard he broke three vertebra in his back - bummer. Last Sunday I did one of my few Knucklehead rides which was fun
It was not that fast and I just sat in and did no work up front. Matthew and I did our first cross practice and that was awesome - I am looking forward to riding some cross, The best part of cross so far was taking the bike out to Castlewood with Bella
she rocks!
One final note - Congrats to Devin Clark on finishing 2nd at Edwardsville and earning his points to become a CAT 1!!!! Way to go Devin.

No comments:

Post a Comment