Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Lift in Spirits

Just for the record, Bridal-plasty is one fucked up show - and yet I am watching it...WHY? I want a reunion show - after all these chicks get a total plastic-surgury make-over - they are going to go home a look at the fat fuck they were supposed to marry when they were fat, ugly and flat-chested and be like - I'm out of league, loser - a split up with them!

An outdoor century spread over four days!

This week has been awesome - I gotta tell you, not riding outside for almost a month really sucks. It can turn a little depressing. I was thinking about Naples, Florida - this is their race season - riders are prime form - and as I sit here, we are under a winter storm warning and are expecting 14 inches of snow with a half of inch of ice and a temp of zero. That is why this week was so nice!

Tuesday night - spin at The Hub and beer afterwards.

Thursday Night - NIGHT RIDE! Rode with Andy, Alex, and Joe. Left The Hub and did a tour around Forest Park - a nice two hour ride - probably about 25 miles. (I know, crappy pic - why did I not get a phone with a flash?) The temp was in low 30's but felt great. At about 10:00, when we were riding back, about two blocks from the shop, a cop in an unmarked car was waiting on a side street by a stop sign. Nobody was around, not a single car, but luckily Alex saw him and motioned for all of us to come to a stop. We came to a complete stop, going so far as to unclip and put a foot down. When was started up, the cop went on his loud-speaker and said, "WOW, I'm impressed guys!"

Friday - got home and temp was in the high 40's- so I did the hour of power - about 18 miles - nice easy paced ride on my cross bike. I rode down Ballas - that road is gone - it is such disrepair.

Saturday - Hub Ride. A big group - at least 12-15 guys! It was nice to see everybody out - even Ryan Heine was there. It was a moderate to fast ride. The moderate part I could handle, the fast part - ouch! Although I never got "dropped", there were a few times that I was off the back for a spot or two - but was always able to get back on. Early mornings, before breakfast and caffeine, kill me - I have no energy. We came home on Geyer - Thank God no Ballas.

Sunday - Went to the Mid-West Swap Sale! Had no money, but - hey, why not. The Goodies - nothing "big" - there was some nice stuff, a lot of wheels, but no money - so... Judy and I picked up eight 42mm Giant tubes for $3.00 a pop - three 60mm Micheline Ultra-lite tubes - six hand warmers (6 for $1) - A guy was selling something like 8 CO2 tubes for $10 - Judy bought a simple Planet Bike light (front and back) for $25 - reg. $50 - and I bought a NiteRider light for $40 (I really have been needing a light for commuting and our night rides).

When I got back, I went for a ride with Andy, Ron, L.C., Alex, Tyler and David. It was so nice to be out.

4 days, over 100 miles - OK, back to the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment