Monday, February 21, 2011

WTF!

How does one week go from temps below freezing to temps in the mid-70's. Well, that is what we got and it was awesome. I put in some quality miles and it paid off.

Saturday:

Started the week doing some mountain biking in the snow with my oldest kid. What a blast - signed her up for a little FrostBike MTB series and she rocked it. She easily stayed up with the group, fell only twice and had a blast. We were out the perfect amount of time on the perfect course with a perfect group of ladies for her. She rocked it - even in the the snow. Later in the day I rode with Andy and Ron - Ron killed it the whole ride - I pulled off early (after 20 miles) to watch my daughter play basketball. Ron is looking strong - I told him on the ride - Dude, you are riding strong, you've been training. He replied - no, it's just you are riding slower. I than find out from Alex and Andy that he has been killing it on the trainer at home - what a suck-ass!

Sunday:

Rode with Phil and large group of guys and dollsand great ride, about 50 miles - did a hybrid of the Knucklehead ride with some nice hills - it was so nice and warm. Phil and I killed it going down Clayton, shelling the entire group - It felt great to let it go.

Monday - did a lot of commuting (33 miles)

Tuesday - Spin at The Huband bee afterwards!

Wednesday - did a lot of commuting (33 miles)

Thursday - Commuted - Judy went on a ride and rode up to my work to ride with me homethat was really nice to have her riding with me. I took my track out bike for it's inaugural ride! That night, I went out with LC, Andy, Alex, Adam for a little night ridewe did the old Maplewood Ride (25 miles) - it was amazing to be riding at night in shorts!

Saturday - Did the Hub Saturday Ride - During the whole ride I felt great - totally fine. The ride had its fast paced moments - a few Cat 1 and 2 guys showed up and helped drive the pace - I felt fine the whole ride - That's the kind of ride that left me so pumped. The last Hub ride, I suffered the whole ride and we were going slow - I guess I just needed a good week of riding to re-start the engine.

The next week is supposed to return to the 40's, so I'll see how it goes. Next week, I am going to start adding some bike candy to the blog to inspire people for the up-coming season. Next Sunday is the opening race of the season with Froze Toes, but I think I going to do Death By Hills. 80 miles, a lot of hills - now that sounds more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment