Monday, February 28, 2011

Why Do I Not Own a 12 -27 Cassette Damn it!

DEATH BY HILLS

California has the Death Ride - Georgia has the 6 Gap Ride - Texas has the Hotter Than Hell 100 - In Missouri, we have the Death By Mother Fucking Hills. Big thanks to the jerks at Team Seagal for hosting this ride. They say 56 left and who knows how many finished. I will say it was one of the hardest rides I have ever done. What makes a hill worthy is when you are climbing a 22% grade, going 2 mph zig-zaging back and forth, guys are actually teetering, loosing their balance and falling over and your taint is gushing blood. (Babler Forest Grade=fucking stupid) Now do that for 90 miles and you have this ride.

The pros - I rode with a great group - the pace was nice, most re-grouped at the top of insane hills - and it was just fun to be out with fellow cyclists. The cons - my fucking cassette. Man, did I need more gears. I think I screwed up right leg climbing - man does it hurt. In attendance was Dave Smith - who is a wild beast - He beat me by over an hour - he finished with the lead group (a total of three) and he just smoked the ride - I hung with large crowd of good guys and rode with Phil (Phil going up a hill - Grade = fucking stupid) and a bunch of other guys I know - Guys from Team Seagal, Tyler, Sandbox, Mitch the Masher, etc.

I took a video of some hill (Grade = fucking stupid) but it came out sideways - here it is:

I stole this video from Team Seagal's site - going up Bartizan (Grade = fucking stupid)


One of the coolest parts was stopping at the monument on old 100 and taking our picture like the pictures of old. Pretty freaking cool. Thanks to Team Seagal for the pic.
Will this ride make me stronger - Hell yes - I lost part of my colon on the ride so I am lighter now.
Was it weird that I went to work on Monday with Chamois butter in my underwear?

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure that was chamois butter in your pants. Thanks for not mentioning that I had to get off my bike RIGHT AFTER you took that picture. Two years in a row of the fuckin' stupidest and funnest ride of the year.

    ReplyDelete