Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alright Louie - ville

Louisville: Title=Jamie Curtis from Trading Places - you know, "Alright Louie"

First let me give props to my wife on her second century of the year - way to go Judy! With company from Andy Bergermeister, Judy rocked without me. 2 down, 3 to go.

Well, I have been out of the normal regiment for a week and I am sure I have ballooned to a fat ass. The Louisville trip is done to grade AP Exams and hang out with some buddies. By hang out, I mean beer, food and more beer. An example:

The Famous "Brown Sandwich" from the Brown Hotel in Louisville: 1/2 pound of Turkey, heavy bread and a Bashamil sauce with cheese I do not know the mount of weight that has been gained here, but to get ready for Winghaven I am going to have to do some pretty hard-care detox.

Met up with Tom Z. from Truman U. at Kirksville

Yes, I did give him the customary Big Shark crap like God, Big Shark riders are like roaches - they are everywhere, they multiply and could survive a nuclear war, bikes and all (after all, they say "Big Shark" on them - the words themselves are like a nuclear force field) - Tom is one heck of a rider and a few of you probably recognize him from Masters races - he used to ride with Jelly Belly before Big Shark. I rode with Tom one day and we rode the Masters Nationals course in Cherokee Park. It is a cool as hell course 5 miles with one substantial climb (not as steep as Herman, but longer) and another noticeable climb. It is an awesome course that winds through the park - it does have some good turns. Tom smoked me up the two aforementioned hills - come on, I'm a suck-ass cat 4 and I read exams for 8 hours.

Did do some solo rides and one group ride with the Cycler's Cafe.

This was supposed to be a Tuesday Night Throwdown - this was told to be the racer ride at throwdown pace (a step below race pace)
The ride: for a group ride - it was huge - I guess about 50 guys - all racers from mostly three teams, the biggest was Team Louisville - and it was a drop ride. I sported The Hub kit in Louisville determined not to embarrass the store and the hood - and I did not disappoint. The ride was really cool. This ride took over the streets - I mean, the entire lane, blasted through stops, etc - It was a wild. Tom took over at the front with another guy and my ass landed near the upper middle. This ride had a lot of build-up. This Cat 4 guy next to me said when I asked about the ride - you picked the best one, Cat 1 and 2 guys up front, Blah, Blah, Blah, etc. I will not knock their ride, I had a great time, however, these are a group of guys in desperate need of a Tuesday Night Worlds Crit. This ride was like a road race, guys jockeying for positions, covering breaks - all on the road with cars - in this way it was a little crazy. The pace itself was fast, but these guys have never done The Hub Wed. night throwdown. This ride was almost all flat and needed some hills - however, when we pulled off, there were only about 20 guys left. I could have done more, but with not knowing the course - I am far from Tom, knowing me, I would get to the front, hit the only hill on the course, and blow up! So I was fine were I was and I covered two breaks.

OK - coming home to the land of milk, honies, and my biking. From Louie-ville, peace out (man, was Jammie Lee Curtis hot as hell in that movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment