Monday, June 29, 2009

Chillin' In Da Hood

Long week of cycling. Although I rode OK this week, I will say it was not a good training week. Every time I rode, I rode hard. When I should be resting, I did not ride - So every time I was on the bike, It was like full throttle - I want to be in top form by Gateway - It is a goal. To get there, I need to set two goals - First is eating right and the second is training right. Summer school is over this week so my plan is to go into effect soon.

First, the only photo of me at Winghaven - a picture of my ass (#587) - quite appropriate


Tuesday Night Crits - A good time - Temp was HOT, HOT, HOT. I felt OK - I wanted to lay myself out for part of the race - so I chose the prime. I took to the front, on 5th wheel going into the turn at the top of the hill and got blocked out by two Big Shit guys - however, good effort - unfortunately, I was toast. I finished with the pack. After the race the ICCC treated everyone to some nice refreshing snowcones!



Wed Night Throwdown - I hung on for dear life - Fell off on Conway but caught back on.

Thursday and Friday - Sat on my ass. I really want to ride the Marquette ride - maybe in a week or two.

Saturday Hub ride - fast, but not that fast. Started off really fast, but eased up after awhile.

Ok here it is - THE HUB WEBSTER GROVES CRIT!!! Bring it on...It was broughten!

Highlights from the day as seen by me:
Arrived at 7:00 felling very hung over from the night before - Went to a buddies 40th party and saw Gilbert Gottfried - Freaking hilarious.

The day began with set-up:

My job for the day was registration - set up and prepared for the chaos. Everything throughout the day went great - the beauty is having Ron Clipp as the promoter. The only complaint I had was this one guy who bitched about the extra release form - I tried to blow it off, but true to asshole form, he kept bitchin. I finally said, "you know who loves to hear complaints like this - Ron Clipp - he's right over there." The guy said, "that's Ok, I won't bother him." And I replied, "Now that's a good call." The best thing about Ron, he can out-crazy the crazy!

I must admit I did not see much racing - registration sucks - and is constantly busy. Everything comes your way- registration, questions, comments - it's like the focal point for people to go. The highlight was this one dude who got a one day license to race the Cat 5's. I swear the guy was not right - he showed up to race without a helmet, found one, and signed up for the Cat 5 and 4/5. I asked if he has ever raced before - The answer - I raced Collegiate at the University of Arizona! I was like, man, you're going rock out there. And rock he did - by crashing out a few in the field like Andy Berger before the third lap and riding like a nuthead. By the forth lap he was gone. After the race he came back to registration and wanted to drop out of the 4/5's - So, instead of letting him sulk away, I had to give him shit - like: I guess Missouri racing ain't like Arizona racing, is it? Man, was that funny.

The Saxton Kids did the kids race - super cool

After the race, they rode in the pace car for the 4/5's. It was hilarious seeing Gracie's head sticking out the rear window every lap with a huge grin on her face!


The best racing highlights included the super crash in the 3/4's - Ambulance and all and the great work int he 4/5's - coming into the last lap was The Hub train on the front - get the fuck out of the way!

If you want a detailed report - see Bill's blog

For the 1,2,3 race, registration was closed, so I jumped in the car for a ride, but ended up driving because Andy was sick of driving - as always - super fun.


And for the conclusion - it wouldn't be a Hub race without copious amounts of beer!


Good job to The Hub - a great racing team!

No comments:

Post a Comment