Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Damn Stupid Move

Riding: Monday Night - renewed the Monday Night fixed Gear ride - It was an awesome night. We left when it was still light. In attendance was Andy, Tom Eaton, and El Cavano. We had a nice headwind going out - mostly downhill and a delightful tailwind going back. The pace was great - an awesome ride.

OK - now for the Stupid moves. Tuesday looked horrible as far as rain - so I bagged on Tuesday Night Crits - and the rain never came. The race would have been dry and by the time it rained, I would have been home. So... no riding for me

Wednesday Night Throwdown - Man was this tough. Either I'm a fat ass or I'm fucking slow (or both) I was second from the front going down Geyer headed to Geyer Hill (which is a very steep two tier hill) At the base before the turn, Chris Miller comes up and says - let's attack, or some shit. I politely tell him no, I want to be here in the end. Well off he goes - I do not chase, but pick up the pace around the lead guy into the hill - I hold the front of the whole two tier hill and edge up by the top to Chris' wheel, closing the gap. Chris begins to pull the stretch to Clayton and then falls off leaving me to finish the pull. By Clayton, I was smoked. When we turned on Clayton, David Mark and Danny F took massive pulls up front. The Pace was something like 27 mph - super fast considering the incline. When we hit the light at Ballas, Bill says next to me that he was 5 seconds from bonking - My response was - your ten second ahead of me - I'm out. We continue the ride and I fall off on Clayton but am able to catch up and on Conway near the top, but once again, close enough to catch up. I was toast on the sprint. I swear I never recovered from the first part. I looked like I was beat too - so much so that people commented - AHHH!

I'm off to Louisville for the week. Yes, I'm bringing my bike and I think I hooked up some group rides - will see how they go. Also, wish Judy luck on her second century on Saturday. Andy Berger will watch over her. As a parting shot - check out this dude's mailbox I ran across while out riding:

1 comment:

  1. yes, Tue night turned out really nice, actually sunny, and no crazy Lindenwood kid! he crashed out on the track, according to robert.

    that wed ride was one helluva hard ride, I didn't expect to hang after racing Tue, got shelled on Conway on the way back, which is longer than I thought would last. maybe we are improving. :)

    have a good time in Louisville and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete