Sunday, May 31, 2009

The weekend, the family and my comments

The racing scene - well, I don't have much to say because I was not part of it again. I know, man do I suck ass. Actually, I feel really strong and I wish I could have raced O'Fallon Road Race - but I had family duties.

The two big races were:
O'Fallon Grand Prix Road Race - Bill H gave a great race report and has started a blog - http://thebillhgenericracereportblog.blogspot.com/ - I have added him to my blogs I'm following.
Tulsa Tough - Heard it was an unbelievable time - will put this on the calendar for next year.

My riding:
Saturday - Showed up at The Hub for the ride but it was raining. I was so in the mood to ride and was willing to go - but I was alone! I missed Mathew by minutes which was a bummer - it would have been a wet bummer but I was in the mood. I should have gone alone, but eggs and bacon were calling and the rain was falling!
The day cleared up nice and Judy and my daughter Isabella - who is just starting to kick ass on the bike, went to Grant's Trial for her first big ride. She rode the whole trail!
Isabella rocks!

Sunday - Knucklehead:
Knucklehead ride was huge. 50 people showed up for the ride. It was such a huge group riding down Clayton. We saw a scooter driving the other way and we joked that he might turn around and start honking and passing out DQ's and time penalties!
Here are two pictures with me in the middle of the group.


When the group broke up - long/short - I took the short route and all The Hub riders - Kevin, Mark, Bill, Adam and Mark and his wife (in a state champion jersey) on a brand new Calfee tandem with HED wheels (this thing was bitch) moved up to the front. It was really cool with all of us in our kits leading the pack down Strucker Road. Adam said he was a few riders behind but have to move up because the scene looked so cool. We started rocking the pace as we hit the first major climb. The pack quickly blew apart the ride and by Clayton it was only us, Chuck from Velo, a Big Shark guy, and two other guys:

The ride down Clayton was super fun. My claim was leading a strong pull at 25 mph down past Mason rd. The best part of the ride was turning off onto Geyer and taking it easy into Webster - After jamming the ride, it's so fun to cool down and take it easy. On the way home we ran into the Big Shark ride headed west.

My Comments: Someone in the Webster/Kirkwood Times wrote a letter to the editor about group rides in Webster not stopping at stop signs. This opened up a huge discussion on the Message Board with all these people writing in about people stopping and other lines of bullshit or we will make the community hate cyclists. Ok - here I go - Shut the Fuck up. You know, I don't give a shit. I don't really care if people hate cyclists because some group ride held them up or some other bullshit. I stop when I need to, and when I don't, I don't. People who hate cyclists hate cyclists and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an angry cyclist and I am always nice on the rode and if someone pisses me off, cuts to close, etc. I 'll let them know it. When people are nice, I let them know I appreciate that too. The fact that some woman wrote a letter complaining makes we want to kick her in her head - I mean, for real, shut the fuck up!

No comments:

Post a Comment