Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ole'

This week in riding:

Sunday - took the day off after the century - I wanted to do knucklehead - but I thought Judy might kill me!

Monday - Went out for a short spin - 15 miles or so through Kirkwood. I'm going to cough this up as the most expensive spin I've had in awhile. While riding down Adams, right after Woodlawn - my rear tire has a blow-out. Something ripped through the sidewall - So after using a CO2 to fill up the tire enough so I could limp home - a stop at The Hub for a new Michelin Pro Race 3, a new tube because I'm running low - Damn.

Tuesday - Went for a ride after work with Michael and Jeff - instead of heading West - we thought we would head into the city to Forest Park. The weather was amazing and we had one thought - a nice easy ride!...and Wash U chick in sport bras. Well the weather was awesome, the ride was nice (with some spurts thrown in) but we totally missed the memo for the day. Zero chicks, zero sport bras, zero jogging - however, about 20 shirtless guys running everywhere we went...not that there's anything wron...whatever.
That night was Tuesday night crits. Rode down with Kevin, Adam, and his brother Tom. Felt really sluggish, even during the afternoon ride. The pace for the B race was really fast. About two thirds through the race I felt great - and then - BAM! I don't know what happened but I started to peter out (no Forest Park jokes) quickly. With three laps to go, I glance behind me and I'm the ass of the pack. With no juice to moter up - I hung on until the last lap and then dropped off the back. I guess this kinda sucked.

After the race Devin, BillH and myself headed to Taco Tuesday at the Tower Pub. This was an excellent time = Tacos, meat burritos (no Forest Park jokes), beer, Ole'. Sat around and talked with a lot of good people and headed home. It was a great night to ride home, and in by 10:00!

Wednesday Hub Ride.
Once again I felt sluggish. The pace was wickedly fast. I felt fine until we turned West on Conway. There was a deer running down the road on Mason and ran right out into the road and a car almost nailed it (no Forest Park jokes) - missed it by inches.
Well, something happened to me because I looked up and guys were flying up that little hill. I tried to put it into gear, but I could not catch up off the back. I was thinking they would slow-up down Mason, but not. Myself, BillH, Matthew, and a couple of Big Shark guys were blown off the back. We chased like crazy and came about 30 seconds (no Forest Park jokes) from catching them twice, but never could. I worked my ass off (no Forest Park jokes) during this ride and was exhausted. Nonetheless I was dropped and it pissed me off. I am having a hard time doing back to back efforts this year.

Thursday
Went in for root canal - I'm amazed at how far they drill into your (no Forest Park jokes) tooth - I said tooth. This was my first time and everyone said it would be painful - (Stop thinking about Forest Park jokes - shit) - but it was not. I took the day off and I was out of the dentist by 10:30. Since I had the day, I decided to meet Judy for lunch and rode out to her work. It turned into a nice 30 plus mile hilly ride on a great day.

A side note - This my sound juvenile (like this entire blog isn't), especially after the Forest Park theme, but I will say, I know nothing about Pearl Izumi Octane Pro crap except for two things - First, it's freaking expensive for clothes!
Second -
I love the back cover Velo News ads!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I got two beers for free, you treated first round, Devin treated second. Next Taco Tue, beers on me!

    Yeah, that Tue, Wed back to back rides is rough. Tue Carondolet felt dicey to me with that crazy Lindenwood kid. I'm thinking about skipping Tue for awhile and concentrate on getting max workout on Wed. I really don't race back to back outside of Gateway, and that is four races in a row.

    ReplyDelete