Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School's out - Alice Cooper Baby

Saturday: Rode with The Hub - I felt bummed that I did not do the Wild Horse Creek Time Trial. Honestly, I forgot about it. I knew I was going to bag on the Cherry Hills crit on Sunday because of the kids, but I forgot about the TT. I love riding Wild Horse Creek - too bad for me.

The Hub ride was pretty surreal. We began dry and it began to rain. Cruising out Clayton, Dave Smith hit this gigantic pothole dead on.

He blew out his tires on this monster. I almost clipped it on the Wed. ride, but luckily missed it. I knew it was coming and told Rock, who was riding next to me, it was coming. Wow, I guess I saved Rock's life - you hear that Rock, I saved your life! It took awhile to get Dave Smith going again and we were back in action. Going around Ladue onto Mason, David Mark wiped out on some slick road and went sliding into traffic - a Mercedes, driven by some old dude, slammed his breaks as David spread out, sliding on the wet road, straight at the car. The car and David stopped about two feet from each other! A crazy Saturday ride.

Sunday: Ok, Judy and I went out and I woke up feeling like it was a good day to sleep in. I wasn't planning on racing - but congrats to Danny for Second Place overall and Stephanie for 1st place overall!


Wednesday: I was unable to ride Monday and race Tuesday - but I have been looking forward to Wednesday. Having the entire day, Michael, Jeff and Mitch left about 10:30 to begin our Journey. I was hoping to ride a solid 100 but we rode 75 miles with a good 5000 vertical feet of climbing - good stuff. It is hard to remember our exact route - but the Hills were numerous.

Rode out Conway to Valley
North on Valley to Orville (west)
to Wild Horse Creek
to a back way into Babler Park
rode the Circuit race around Babler (4 miles)
out Babler to Pond
to Old Manchester
to Glencoe
to Melrose - cross Hwy 100
to Bouquet
to Old Manchester
to Little Tavern
to Hwy T
to St. Albans for lunch. We stopped at that historic sandwich place in St. Albans - freaking good food - had a Chicken salad sandwich and salad (too much food!) and we sat outside in these awesome chairs and relaxed - super nice

out Hwy T
to Melrose (freaking climb right after lunch!)
to Old Manchester - should have done Melrose to Woods :(
to Hwy 100
to Hutchinson
to Clayton and back home! 75 miles on the nose.
I had planned to make it an even 100 with The Hub Throwdown - was planning on taking it easy, cheating up Conway, but in came the rain with a vengence - Ride cancelled.
Bummer.

Side note: Rode the Babler X-treme Circuit Race - and I can only say one word - FUCK! Man, this is one serious race. The hills were extreme - My race would be 5 laps, 20 miles or I could do 4/5 Masters of 4 laps - either way - I do not know if I'll be there in the end - I'll have to think on this one - Remember, I'm fat and suck ass

1 comment:

  1. Your blog rocks the cosmos! Bike Drool just got dropped by you in the blogosphere. But seriously, thanks for blogging - nice to read up on the crew's (mis)adventures over here!

    ReplyDelete