Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th - Wet, Wild and Painful - Like the Tour de France (say it like Bobke)

The fourth of July - Well, I came off a great week of riding only to land in the crapper.
Blog follower Stephanie Nadeau was in a crash and hurt herself - A get well goes out to her!
Also - My the Lord Bless Lance on his road to his 8th win - Fuck the FrenchThe prologue was cool - but today's stage finale rocked - monster crash and Cavendish is a stud!

Thursday - Went on a nice recovery ride from Tuesday and Wednesday over to Francis Park and followed the Gateway crit course 5 times around. Should be a very fast course - very wide streets and the one short hill should do a job separating the field hopefully.

Friday - Just like the Lord, a day of rest. I was planning on a big weekend of riding = Saturday with The Hub and Sunday a longer Knucklehead ride with a scouting expedition around Babler. I went rock climbing with the wife and kids and Cory, Jay and her daughter. It was fun - Gracie is like a spider monkey! By the end of the night she was tackling 5.11 climbs - Show off!

Saturday - The 4th! No Hub ride - it rained a lot - I mean a lot. The parade was pushed back until 11:00. Even though it almost goes past my house, The family went up to The Hub and hung out in the front with Andy and his daughter, Dave Smith and his daughter, and Ron and his kids. That night i went over to Andy's house, drank beer, shot off fireworks, and walked up to the Webster fireworks - a fun time.

During the course of the day, before the parade, I took the shop cruiser and rode home to get some 4th of July hats for my kids. Hoping off the cruiser my foot caught the beer holder on the back and I almost wiped out and bit dust - I caught myself but seriously strained my muscles in my side or bruised my ribs - something fucking hurts. Riding is out for the moment as I can hardly move. If it doesn't get better by Tuesday - I'm calling the doctor.

Sunday - I really wanted to ride - I set my alarm and woke up, but my side was killing me - not to mention the hangover - so I slept in!

On a wacked out note - My wife told me the singer Pink just bought a Giant TCR Alliance and was out riding (You're supposed to buckle the helmet, stupid bitch): Made me start to wonder if cycling is becoming "Hollywood Cool." So I googled celbrities and cycling and was amazed how many celebrities are on bikes - Matt Damon - Jake Gyllenhaal (whoever the fuck he is) is a big cyclist - Toby Maguire - Patrick Dempsey (who ever the fuck he is)- Matthew McConaughey - Jennifer Lopez - and of course Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack Morris - Saved by the Bell) who is no wannabe - he is like a Cat 3 racer and a trackie - props to this guy - plus he is riding the TIME I want and got to fool around with Kelly!Even Jessica Simpson is staring in a movie in which she tries to work as a bicycle messenger:
Jesus, I guess cycling is becoming "Hollywood Cool"
The next thing you'll be seeing is Paris Hilton on a bicycle:

FUCK! - No helmet and a purse - stupid bitch - but come on, admit it, "that's hot"

No comments:

Post a Comment