Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bike Racing is like sex - One big effort and I want to sleep!

First we need the big tool. In this case I have two:

First tool

Nice job attacking your own f'ing team you douchebag. Let's see, your team covers every challenge on the mountain and you attack, from 5 positions back, your own team up front. You could tell in the interviews right after the race that Lance was pissed off!

Second tool

Your in St. Louis and you dis the city by wearing a Chicago jersey, dis Stan the Man by making it all about you, and you throw like a pussy (I heard he threw warm-up pitches before he went out there). I'll give you the facts that Bush is an idiot and sucked but at least he showed props to the home town and could actually throw a ball.

Although my ribs still hurt (I know, it sounds like I'm a broken record playing the song WHINE) but they are starting to feel better. Unfortunately I was unable to ride on Monday so Judy could go to her Team Rev. Meeting/happy hour = man, am I a great husband.

Tuesday Night Crits (sorry, no pics)- I felt "iffy" going into it, but once the race started I settled I felt good. I was consistently up front for the most of the first part of the race - working nicely. AT 22 min, there was about seven guys jump off the front - I wanted to join them but we were going into the turns down the hill and I couldn't break away. When I came out of the turn, they were about 75 ft in front of me and I launched into a sprint to bridge to the break. I took to almost the top of the hill for me to do it, but I did it! I held with them through the start finish line, but the headwind was so strong, the break fell apart by the turns. I fell off the back and dove into the top quarter of the pack. Some guy from Ghisallo bitched at me, but I was like fuck you - I'm gassed and I need out of the wind and I just did it - so get over it! I faded to the back of the pack and with two laps to go, another break went off the front and I knew I could not move up so I slowed up and dropped off. I knew I would pack finish in the back and that, for a training race, gets way sketchy. Examples - Rider 334 (be wary of the 300's!) - your a nutfuck. Check this guy out - besides weaving like crazy, he would take extreme chances on the downhill through the turns to keep near the front and peter-out going up the hill. I got behind this guy n the up hill and I didn't say anything as he petered out, so I passed him - and he came flying by on the inside through the turns, getting in front of me - then again, he gassed on the hill - this time I passed him with the kind words of "fuck dude!" Kevin at the end of the race (which is why I spun out) faced triple 3 (#333 - beware of the three hundreds) and nicked-named him the triple threat - Sketchy, Slow and Sweaty! Hilarious!


Wed. Night Throwdown - Man this was fast - 22 avg on the nose - we went out so freaking fast. My job was to sit in and try to take it easy in order to make it. I fell off at the very end of Conway, happy to be where I was - but I was getting smoked. I made it through the whole ride and then the Litzsinger Sprint. I was getting smoked, I guess the humidity, I pulled off from my position and drifted to the back. I have never fallen off on Litzsinger - but man was I smoked!

So the title - I feel that when I give forth a big effort, I am gassed the rest of the ride. Pushing, even in the front, was OK, but when I give that effort, it takes me so long to recover - I am going to focus on intervals - I like that stretch from Mason to Babler on Conway going west up that steep hill (a very crit-like hill) and pushing to Babler on the incline and/or Adams through Sugar Creek - that will be a training focus for the next month. Second, I need to drop more pounds - I'm working on it, just sort-of sucking a it.

I'm headed to the Lake with the family - will try to do some riding - Chicago next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment