Sunday, July 12, 2009

Save the Tour of Missouri and my week on the bike

If you are reading this - Do this!

Contact Gov. Jay Nixon and tell him not to take the funds from the Tour of Missouri.

573-751-3222
or
http://governor.mo.gov/contact/
or
Fax:
(573) 751-1588
or
Postal mail:
Office of Governor Jay Nixon
P.O. Box 720
Jefferson City, MO 65102

Here's my editorial: I know a little something about government, politics and American History - so here it is - When in the hell did Missouri politics become so screwed up (I know, since Thomas Hart Benton was not re-elected in 1851). You would think Democrats, especially state Democrats would not only support cycling, but support the use of tax money to generate revenue - spending money on shit like this seems to be very much in line with the Democrats. However, in our state we got Democrats calling for smaller government and fiscal responsibility - like the greatest Democrat of all = Ronald Reagan. I swear to God, Arthur Laffer must be secretly advising the Mo. Dems. You would think that the Democratic Party would cater to cyclists and want to expand energy saving cycling initiatives = not that the Tour does this, but by not only generating economic revenue (and not just for St. Louis or KC, but small towns all across Missouri), it also promotes cycling. Missouri is ranked as one of the most unhealthy, active living state in the US We even had former Republican Gov. dumb-ass Blunt negotiate in the settlement against Ameren the expansion of the Katy Trail. All state democrats are doing is yelling that private money, not public funds should be used for the Tour (Cut Taxes, Increase Entrepreneurship, Reagan)! In 2008 Peter Kinder (R) ran against Same "douche" Page (D) for Lt. Gov. All that Sam Page did in his commercials was blast the Tour of Missouri, totally ripping on not only the Tour, but cycling. How could I support this dude! and for that matter, what is wrong with Missouri Democrats. My favorite Democrat sell-out is Sen. Jeff Smith, who is co-sponsoring legislation with Jane Cuntingham - WTF! What has happened to the Democrats in Missouri - when did they become Republican ideologists! Gov. Jay Nixon, quit being a Republican - you dumb-ass!

Rib - America.

Well, I should be in prime training mode, especially with Chicago in two weeks, but my side still freaking hurts. I skipped Tuesday Night crits to rest but did a nice ride down Grant's Trail and I rode the Hub ride on Wed. Things were going fine until Ladue and the sprint up that big hill onto Mason. My side felt like needles as i tried to deep breathe, causing me to fall off the back. I could have caught up before the steep part of Conway, but I was not happy, so I became content to peddle in alone. I skipped Thursday and did a nice easy ride on Friday.

Saturday was Judy's third century - The Firecracker 100. Way to go Judy! This century was anything but a firecracker = Rain like needles and head winds every direction but one. When we got the tail wind, you would fly. Many did not finish this ride. At one point, we had over an 11 mile stretch straight into the headwind. Judy and I rode the tandem and Andy Berger rode with us. We had a great time. I was hoping to race Babler, but I was wiped out from this ride - so tired I woke up for knucklehead and went right back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment