Monday, November 9, 2009

From rain to shine and heat in November

Fun week on the bike. No cross - too damn hot. Props to Bill for going out there. Will be there for Augusta.

Monday - Commuted.

Tuesday - Rode with Michael and Jeff after school - Rode my fixed gear. Did the Alternative Maplewood Ride (like the Art Show). In Attendance was a really nice group: Andy, Loren, Judy, Bryan, Stephanie, Joe (mesa Jr.) Todd from Ghissalo, Kube...might be missing a few. It was a great night and fun ride. The Maplewood group caught us at the end of the ride. Not riding with them was a plus. On the way home Rock popped out of nowhere - commuting from work and rode with us. We all thought we rode about 1 mph faster than we wanted so we all agreed to slow it down next week.

Wednesday - No riding - I was being honored by a senior at the football game.

Thursday - Did the Hub late night rode with Alex, Rock and Andy.
This was a great ride. Great weather and a great pace. We went out to Forest Park and Rock showed us a really cool way home. This route is a keeper.

Friday - no riding.

Saturday - Rode the Hub ride on the Jake. The pace was super fast. The weather was so warm by the time of the ride. When I showed up, everybody was there - pretty much the whole team plus others - all on there race bikes... and me on the Jake. We went out at a fast pace and then ---crash. There was a spray paint can on the shoulder and Ron Clipp hit it and went down hard. He and Andy headed home. We continued and I felt like there were gaps all over. I covered two on Conway and when I got to the top I was smoked but held on with the group. On the South Outer Road, I lost contact trying to cover another gap and was behind. While trying to close up on Ballas, my seat popped right off. Man is my ass fat. The bolt just broke in half. I do not know how I did not crash - going 20 mph plus and you seat pops off.
I called Judy and she had to pick me up. CRAZY.

Later that day I went on the Chocolate Chocolate Treat ride with a very fun group of people. We went to Chocolate, Chocolate - Merbs - and a few other coffee places and finally ending up at Bailey's Chocolate bar. The ride was a very slow 27 miles and I had a very good time.

Sunday - No cross. The temp. was off the charts warm. This was road season weather (plus I had no seatpost). I went on Knucklehead and it was awesome. Hubbers Kevin, Marc (the ride annihilator) Matt and New Hubber Jeff. The pace was great going out and great on the Strucker Road section - really light. When we hit Clayton, Marc took off at the front - I mean really took off. Going back, the pace was 27-28 mph. I took my turns at the front and had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment