Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away - but it makes for some damn good cross!

The past two weeks in recap-

First the rain. There have 12 dry days in the entire 31 days in October. Forth wettest month in Missouri history. Every day I wanted to ride - RAIN!

Second - Our fixed gear rides have begun! (sort of - the RAIN!) Our plan is to ride Tuesday at 6:30 with Maplewood and 8:30 on Thursday. The plan on Thursday is to ride to Forest Park, around and back. Maybe if the fucking rain stops long enough to ride, we will actually be able ride it. We officially kicked off the winter with the Tuesday ride. In attendance was myself, Andy and El Cavano. The ride was fast, but the fixed gear proved worthy. I will say two things about this ride. First 0 there are some yea-hoos - who do the whole blow through stop lights which is pretty nuts. We weren't on the road for two minutes and a couple of guys rode through a light and almost got hit. Now some will say they choose not to associate themselves with rides like this - and I say you are approaching it all wrong - GO - Watch - Enjoy.

Third - Still commuting - going good. So far I have rode everyday but one - The RAIN!

Fourth - Nothing to do with me - On Wed. I had the honor of taking the two girls to Miley Cyrus - Yeah - I know - Dad of the year. Judy and the Team Rev girls went on their Halloween ride. On this one - well the old saying goes - A picture is worth a thousand words! Wow - That's the Mrs.

Fifth - Cross:

Jefferson Barracks C Race -
JB sucked. Hubbers in attendance: Bill and Matthew. B Race - Robert, Matthew - Brian A race - German The course was super difficult for me - a lot of technical for me and some power runs in some thick ass grass. Also - The C race is no joke. Guys showing up in deep dish carbons - and many cat 3's. So my run of problems. First - I miss the start. What the hell. The group is lined up and I am on the other side of the course coming down a hill. I jump the course and ride across the field just in time for the whistle. Damn - I started out like a bat out hell to get position and after the first lap I was redlined. Good idea - redlined after lap one with like 10 more to go - WTF. Judy and Grace came out to watch my suffering. Into lap three, I came off the a hill run-up and and as I rode down I rolled the tubeless off the rim as I went sideways off the bike right in front of the family. I popped up and ran, with bike in tow more than half the course to the pit. Although it was a shitty run, it was nice to say to everybody passing me - Hi Bill - Hi Matthew. After I got to the pit, wheel changed, I was back out. As I wound through the technical part, I tried to pass a slower lady on the inside of a turn and Bam - pancake into the mud. I laid on my back and looked at the sky not quite knowing what to say. I sucked so bad I was not even scored. Stupid JB

Halloween Night Cross - Creve Coure Lake C Race -
A blast. Hubbers in attendance: Bill and Alice B Race - Robert, Matthew, Heine and Dave Smith A Race - German
So I dressed up as Abe Lincoln - complete with a top hat, suit and beard. Man, was I frying. The C race was full of costumes including a gorrilla, Super Mario and a crazy dude in some fucked up tie-dyed leotard. The ladies were all decked out including Supergirl and a bevy of Hooters Girls (these stick out in my memory). The best costume was Heine in a full rabbit outfit with the ears sticking through the helmet.
The race itself was fast at times but the course became super muddy. By the end of our race, the course was nothing but soupy mud. There was one section where the mud was 4 to 6 inches deep, Near the end, it was quicker for me to hop off and run it rather than struggle through and ride it. I watched the A race and was amazed how the rode right through it. I finished 22nd with the beard in tact. Judy and the girls came out in full costume after trick or treating to root on Honest Dad and many Hub guys came up for the festivities including Ron, Andy and Kevin - it turned into a regular party - I stole the picture from Bill:

The Hub Party
First day of November and WTF - the sun! What a nice day for a Hub party. Judy and kids went with me and we had a good time beer, food, beer, and hanging out. Danny brought the video from the Tour of Missouri when he and Heine dressed up and ran along side the Tour as they climbed the hills on stage four - Danny looked hilarious as Dog the Bounty Hunter and Heine was wearing no shirt and a Chinaman's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment