Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hub Crawl II

Do not read this if you are against drinking and riding.

T'was two nights before Thanksgiving and I swear i could not sleep. Thoughts of beer ran through my head. It was that time of year --- HUB CRAWL II

Andy stopped by (dressed in full kit - rebel) and we headed to The Hub with beers in hand. Waiting for everyone - the drink commenced. In attendance - well... I don;t remember all - so here it goes.

After a few beers we headed out. The first plan - Hwy 40 recon. We got on Hwy 40 at Bellevue and rode down to Kingshighway. Nice and smooth.

Place 1 - Atomic Cowboy. The place was packed with a good looking crowd. We rode up and put our bikes in the patio - I think we interrupted a couple having sex and a few pot smokers- and headed in. The drink of choice was Skullsplitter Beer - good stuff. Once again, the place was packed. Planned Parenthood was on a condom mission and I was determined to get a pink scarf. After taking a pledge to hand out 50 to 100 condoms - the scarf was mine. I also ran into some former students from the 1990's - crazy. We stayed at Atomic Cowboy for about an hour and than headed to Lafayette Square.

Place 2 - Square 1 Brewery (thanks to Phil and Stephanie for taking the pics) Had a great time at Square 1 - Started pounding the beer away. Alex met two girls he knew and they would stay with us the rest of the night (even going home with a lucky two). Had some really good smokey porter. When leaving, Mattew Crews put Ron's bike in the fountain while he was in the bathroom. Ron was last person out and we were all standing around - I swear I almost pissed myself laughing (and yes, Ron threw a hissy fit). After we left, we met a guy in full kilt with bagpipes in the middle of street - he busted out a great tune and in return got a payment of condoms!

Stop 3 - Tower Pub
Tower Pub quickly became a blur - the beer and shot of Tequilla was flowing. Stephanie and I handed out the condoms - we were a hit - and after that - I can't really give specifics. Leaving became a problem - We successfully closed the bar and riding home was a chore. I walked out of the pub and saw Kevin laying across the hood of a parked car. Alex couldn't ride 10 feet without taking a fall. Crashes were galore. Alex went down on the River trail, cracked his helmet and took out Matt - awesome crash, Rock went down, Devin went down earlier, and Kevin took a header. Finally got home at three in the morning. Hub Crawl II - epic.

Saturday - did a great ride - rode with The Hub - did not do well - The pace was not that fast but for some reason the cold made my throat freeze up - it burned when I took a breath. I took a short cut and caught the ride and finished in time to meet Judy, Phil, Stephanie, Kate and Alice for round two of the Hub ride. Turned out to be a beautiful day and I was able to ride close to 70 miles. Awesome. I, once again, pussed out on cross. Actually not true - we had symphony tickets for the family concerts - it was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment