Sunday, April 18, 2010

I could have been a State Champ!

That's right! Courtesy of the Alpenis Shop Swap Salefor $45 you could be a Missouri State Champion!

The Week in review: Overall - getting lighter and stronger - feeling pretty good.

Monday - Commuted big time. Rode to work - home - to Harris - back to work and than home. Close to a fifty mile day.

Tuesday - Commuted and rode after work with Michael and Jeff - a nice paced ride. I was REALLY tired! Invited to ride with Andy (he did the Alpenis ride again- and hated it) but I was too tired and just wanted to relax.

Wednesday - Commuted. Let class out early because of a test so I rode up to the shop to say hi to everyone who rode on the ride. Harris will be over in a couple of weeks and I will be able to pick this ride up again.

Thursday - took the day off - super nice! No riding.

Friday - Commuted

Saturday - Rode the Hub Ride -A good number of guys did Herman this weekend so the ride was a little low on numbers - making sure that I had to work. Felt really strong - stayed with the group the whole ride with pretty much ease. David Mark lit it up a few times. When we hit Ballas, Kevin pulled ahead and I closed up to him, second in line, when I hit one of those long skinny potholes and blew both tires out. A double-flat! I knew the back one went out and pulled right up making sure to call out and pull over. WHile I finished fixing the rear, David Mark, while holding my bike, said I think you have another problem - now that was wheel changing etiquette! Once I finished changing both wheels - we all headed back out again to finish the ride. The shop was hosting a Tour de Cure training ride so all these cyclists were up there and the shop had bagels and coffeewhich we all enjoyed after our ride.

Sunday - took the day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment