Sunday, April 25, 2010

Riding Stronger

Nice Rack!

I mean nice bike rack!

Things have been going great.
Still Commuting 100 percent - no car baby - and feeling pretty strong. On one day - can;t remember - I met up with Tim, who teachers at Meremac, and rode with him - first time I had a commuting buddy! Michael gave me the coolest gift because he was worried about my saftey - LIGHT UP SKULLS for my wheels!
Tuesday - Rode after school with Michael and Jeff. Felt great. We rode the Carmen hill loop - which is a fan favorite. To tell you how I am feeling - Michael took the first pull down Doughtey Ferry and I cam around him and laid down a huge pace. When I turned on Carmen, no one wanted to pull through so I kept up front into the hill. I than turned it on and dropped everyone. Oh yeah! Felt great!

Thursday - Rode after school with Michael, Jeff and Kate Lincoff. Once again I felt really strong. We came back Bopp Road and it felt great. I kept it above 24 for pretty much the whole road.

Saturday - Hub Ride. I REALLY wanted to race at Carondelet Park - I think I would have done quite well. I still have about 6 pounds to lose - so I am committed to do that - I am too poor for substandard racing! The weather was a little sketchy and because of the races, we had a smaller crowd. Devin, Rock, Mark Growler, Nate on the Tandem, Tim and about 6 or 8 others showed up. The pace was easy at times, and of course, really fast at others. I did just fine - you know it was a smaller crowd if I got to the top of Adams Hill first - however, I did not win the sprint! We had another flat on Ballas RoubaixNate on the Tandem. I told Alex after the ride that Ballas must be the new money maker for The Hub! Sunday was non-stop rain so I took the day off and got fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment