Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Winter Training so far is BEER!

HUB CRAWL -2010!

The Riding Element:
Winter has hit us good. In one week we went from shorts to freezing. Still continue to commute. This time of year is tough on the commuting - you leave for work and the temp is below freezing and there is frost on the ground (Damn - I should have taken a picture of the first frost) and you leave to go home and it is in the 50's. It's hard to know how to dress. Also, with the turn in temp. it just feels freezing so I dress over warm.

The only big rides I have done is the Hub ride on Saturday. Good times - always fast - don't know why. I am joining Club Fitness this weekend and start my Chris Maleski weight workout - so many Hub guys have joined, its pretty cool. I need to get on a good winter workout so I can start strong in March - after all I will have my new bike!

The Drinking Element:
On a side note - on the night ride we do on Tuesday, soon to be Thursday, we often ride the old Maplewood ride. It is truly one of my favorite routes. Start at the Hub, through Maplewood, up Southwest to Arsenal - to Grand to Russell, through Soulard, up Broadway all the way to Holly Hills. Holly Hills is a really short but super steep two tier hill. It is always a sprint to the top, and a regroup before we head to Carondolet Park and back to Webster by means of the River Des Peres Trail. At the top of Holly Hills, there is a little hole in the wall, South city bar called - The Little Bar. Everytime we go by it, I always say we need to stop. Judy and I went out Saturday night and Phil and Steph went home, but we were in the mood to go out - so... The Little Bar. It was so hoosier, it was a blast. The gal bartending weighed about 200 lbs plus and had a spaghetti top on with her belly hanging out the bottom. Judy ordered a Vodka/Cranberry and she made it so strong, Judy got ploughed!

Many people have asked - what did the Jersey Shore/Shnookie looking chick who flashed her titties at us at Off Broadway really look likethanks to Kevin for the pic!

THE 2010 HUB CRAWL
Bartender at Mexican restaurant, Smith Patrick Rules, LLC, and Ron Clipp Rules!
Well the rain really sucked on this day. We were expecting a huge turn-out, but the weather really sucked - we were under a tornado advisory, sirens and everything. In attendance was - Andy, Ron, Bryan, Devin, Bitch Tits, Matthew, Kevin, Rock, Dave Smith, Mark Gowler, and Eric Dreamweaver. It was a great crew. What a blast it was to shoot the shit with our team. What I like about the Hub is that, at least at the Cat 3-4 level, our team is tight. Even though we are expanding numbers at the Cat 1-2 level, I hope we keep the Cat3-4 level small and tight. This is what makes The Hub an envied team and what makes people want to join us Started out at The Hub with beer - went to the Mexican place in Webster for Margaritas. The bartender gave everyone a complimentary one or two patron shots for Thanksgiving - NICE

From there went to the 61 Roadhouse and beat the rain by one minute. There was a killer band playing oldies - all these fat over fifty chick parting it up and the Tour de France crew (that's what the band called us). We put so many pitchers away, I fucking lost count. It was extreme. If I said 20 pitchers - that would not be an exaggeration. Every time I looked up, my glass was full. We were up dancing with women - having a blast. . Although I don't know what the bar bill was - I sure it was over $300 - but our sponsor Smith Patrick picked up the bill!

From there we went to Llewelyn's. Ron Clipp and The Hub bought the pitchers - but we were close to closing time and they were dicks. What place sells you two pitchers and than bitches at you for not drinking them fast enough - Fuck Llewelyn's. I really miss not getting kicked out of Tower Pub this year. Next year, we will have to double up at Tower Pub until we get arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment