Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pussy Power!


Good week for riding - the weather is just starting to turn - It's almost thanksgiving and I have just taken out the long pants! Gotta love global warming.

Still commuting - even in the cold. Today was the first really cold morning - frost on the ground etc.
Rode both days after work - the first Tuesday , Jeff and I just killed it - we did the Carmen loop and averaged over 18 mph, just the two of us. There was a good headwind going out Clayton and by the time we got to whatever road we turn on to go by Queeny Park, we had a 19.8 average - Shit, it's November! On Thursday, Bryan joined us and once again, no rest for the weary. Yeah, I know - good times.

Finally over the weekend it turned cold! Now, I'm thinking cyclocross. I did Bubba in the Seminary - Man, this was the best course I have ever rode on. It just suited me. Two stairs run-ups, fast flat section, a set of jumps and a really fun single track section - a complete blast! Props to the guys who set up this course. The best was I felt in the mix - which makes for fun racing. My race came down to the final lap (Finally I did not get lapped) and this one guy, we were back and forth the whole race, working hard and passing and dropping a few people. On the third to last lap, I let him stay up front the whole time, keeping right on his wheel, making him work. With two to go I passed him and tried to drop him, but failed - AHHH! Now we're seeing the Pussy Power connection! On the last lap, he passed me on a good move on the hill and when we had to jump the log, I screwed up and lost his wheel. He got a gap on me, and I could not catch him. I tried to get up to him on the final stair run-up and could not and he took me at the line by 10 feet. That's what I like about cross - even if I far from winning, those little battles make you feel part of the action. I do not know how much more cross I will do - but if this is the last, it was a good one to go out on.

Did the night ride on Tuesday - did the old Maplewood ride - had a blast - a beautiful night.On the ride was Andy, Alex, Loren and two other guys.

On Monday night we went to Off Broadway to see Tyler's band: Riley James and the Badmen play. The main act was the dude from MXPX in a band called Tumbledown - they were super good. It was a ripe old Hub party - Andy, Ron, Kevin, Loren, Greg, Devin, Eric, Alex - super fun. I became a surreal night. Besides the militant pussy power lesbians, someone cut themselves from a broken glass so there was a pool of blood on the dance floor - a fat slobbering drunk chick that looked like Snookie from Jersey Shore (Fat and shoved into a skin tight dress) came up to us, hung on me and told all of us to live our lives to the fullest. She got so carried away, she flashed us her tits! By the end of the night, we saw her passed out in a chair in the back of the bar. We had a great time.

The track bike is getting that much closer to completion. I was able to sell some cross tires and this is what I gotI know, it's 3TTT pretty! Now for some 3TTT track bars.
Next Up - The Hub Crawl next Wed - PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment