Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cycling, Boob grabbing and the One Kid

Man- it has turned cold in the morning! I got to admit I have been quite the pussy when it has come to commuting. My resolve took a blow as the temps dipped into the 30's. It will be turned around next week. Overall, my cycling has sucked this week. I missed out on anything Sunday, missed my Tuesday/Thursday rides, even missed the Sat Hub Ride (It was 27 degrees) - overall - really suck ass.

Although this has nothing to do with cycling - it does involve some good cycling friends. Me, Judy, Phil, and Stephanie went to see Suicidal Tendencies! It was a thrash zone - Boob grabbing concert! Playing was Fuck Off and Die, Death Before Dishonor, HED PE and Suicidal. Although Cyco Mike has aged and the band was one of the largest thrash metal bands I have seen, they were super energetic and played for a solid two hours. We had a great spot, just outside the rim of the thrash pit. When they play I want More - followed up with I shot the Devil - I had to throw down - and yes - I am getting a little old for that shit.

On Thursday I took Isabella to cross practice at Forest Park - Had a wicked good time. Bella was so funny and had a blast. She is a tough little girl - she had one good crash, scrapping her leg - and after a few tears, got right back up and went on. On our last lap, we went up one steep hill, and I got to the top and yelled, without looking back, "if it gets too steep, get off and walk!" Right behind me came a voice - "Dad, I'm right behind you!" Although the crowd was sparse, Matthew and Bryan were out there for The Hub.

On Sunday we took the tandem on Cranksgiving. Cranksgiving is a ride where you cycle from store to store and grab food to donate to the poor...and grab other things Isabella and I rode the tandem and Judy rode her road bike. Bella was a blast on the back of the bike. We did the middle route and altogether rode 20 miles and got a lot of food for people in need. Our group was huge - made up mostly of Team Rev. Overall, it was a good time!
I'm dying to get my track bike put together so I can start riding it during the winter - It looks sooooo cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment