Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I love Global Warming!

Shorts in February! Enough said.
In response to one of my peeps - Knucklehead was awesome. Props go out to fellow Hubbers Bergermeister, Matthew, Kevin, and Bryan, Eddy, Mark and Mark. The ride was a nice pace through the valley and was opened up by Bulldog Mark on the big hill in the valley. Another Mark (too many f'ing Marks!) from Velo Force was second in line and I was third. I started to come around him and busted up laughing as I came around him he was yelling, "Son of a bitch!" at the pace. I lost Mark's wheel as he pulled away - luckily Bryan came around me and we bridge back to the Bulldog!

The pace was nice and easy, albeit fast, to the end. A fun ride.

Yesterday was a monster ride day for me. Rode about twenty miles, in shorts with no warmers, with the crew from work. I fun ride with some sprint points - all won by Michael - Dick. Later that night, I rode the Maplewood urban night ride. Pretty fast for that group I thought - I made a point to make it to the top of Southwest Hill first - suckas! I rode with Hub racers Bergermeister, El Cavano, Bryan, and Stephanie (blog follower). The temp at night was around 65 degrees (I know, its Feb. - WTF) so I put out a post to see who wanted to roll rather than spin at The Hub. The thought of spinning when it was that nice out made we want to punch myself in the balls. Needless to say - after loads of shit from Ron (no I am not re-starting Dent Wizard Race Team) we left them to spin themselves into submission. No photos from both rides - I forgot my phone :(

So a recap - Thursday - 20 miles, Friday - 20 miles, Sat. - 30 miles, Sun. - 45 miles
Tuesday - 40 miles = 155 miles in Feb - Insane.

Tonight I am headed to the Urban Cowboy with Judy to do the indoor power races - what the hell!

I am headed for fun the Chicago - So, no riding until Monday - all that riding and then...none - with Froze Toes a week away.

Before I leave - Good Luck to all the Hubbers going to race in Phoenix. My advice, if you get lapped, take out the lead guy and stand over him with your middle fingers extended and say - "That's how we do it in the Lou!"

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment