Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's February - And I'm riding in my Speedo!

We can go from zero degrees to 70 in 2.21 days!

Man was this weekend awesome - and needed. I was going fucking apeshit staring at my front wheel on my rollers. We even had to can our Mon.-Wed. rides because of ice. But not this weekend. So - the highlights:
The first Master props go to my wife - she commuted both Thursday and Friday. When she left for work on Thursday it was 18 degrees (My wife can kick my nuts!) In addition she "earned" her Frostbike t-shirt and she wears it with deserved pride.
The second piece of action was my riding after work with Michael and Jeff L. both Thursday and Friday - Nothing like peddling about 50 miles outside in Feb.

And to cap it off was this morning on The Hub ride. You could feel the energy - It has been many weeks - and the game was on! The ride started with what seemed like 30 riders. I am about mid pack in this pic.

A Master Says Faster props go out to the return of David Mark and his return from knee surgery. David hurt his knee training for the Triatholon World's in Norway where he was representing the US. Today, he was peddling effortlessly - the guy is a stud!
Adam showed up (and fell off!) on his new bike - This bike is super dope - A worthy ride-the paint job is amazing and the wheels are where it's at - and so is the picture taking.

The ride was super fast and quickly the race team was all that was left. There were about 15 or so all in our kits - It looked pro - We needed Red Bull hand-ups! I rode my cross bike and surprisingly held strong the whole ride - although I was out-geared for the sprint points. My highlight was on the outer road to Clayton and I was second in line behind Joe Nalley going super strong straight into the wind (who is about 5'5" and weighs 140) so I was like, "he can't be that good of a draft" so I pulled out pass on the last hill - super early - and the wind smacked me - so I put in overdrive and started to peeter out as the train flew past me - luckily I was able to jump on the back!
In addition - with all the shit on the rode - we finished pretty down and dirty

Tomorrow - Knucklehead is on! - the temp will be in the 40's - And I am $35 into Hillsboro and Froze Toes is a couple of weeks away - Let the racing begin.

1 comment:

  1. How was Knucklehead? That photo of Adams bike is pretty sick!!! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete