Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


I was unable to ride on Friday and I was pretty stiff and tired for Saturday. I did The Hub 35 mile Saturday morning ride. Was super fast with Ryan mostly up front pounding the pace. There was a group training ride for some ride - so a lot of people were at The Hub. I forgot my phone - so no pictures. There was bagels and coffee from St. Louis Bread Co. - a nice way to start, and especially finish a ride. Three groups left - fast, middle, and slow. I so wanted to go with the middle group as I was tired - but I left with the team as usual. As previously said, going out was pretty fast. I stayed up with the group until the half way point - where the group turned West on Conway - up that short, steep hill. There was a sprint and I felt pretty gassed. I could have caught the group with an effort down Babler - but I was pretty content to ride in at a nice pace. I knew I would not be riding on Sunday because of Easter - and I needed to spin easy sometime! I finished the ride with Jeff L. from work. Jeff is growing into a good cyclist. He definitely has been making great strides - it was nice riding back with him. On the way down Ballas I had a flat - I am beginning to really hate that road - with all the shit you have to ride over. There's $10 dollars or so blown. When I finished I had a bagel - nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment