Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wed night pre-Hillsboro throw-down

Ok - what averages 20.8 mph, for 20 plus miles through traffic, stop signs and lights and hills - Well - The Hub ride of course.
A great group was there - loaded with racing crew - the feel of Hillsboro was in the air.

In a nutshell, the ride was brutal - especially after last night crits. My legs were sore and the ride began at a slow 20 mph warm-up. I swore I was going to get dropped before Kirkwood. I never really got going and this ride became a ride of me falling off the back and catching back up - Down Clayton Road at 28 mph - falling off the back and catching back up - up the hill heading out West on Conway - falling off the back and catching back up - Going up Conway road hill - falling off the back and catching back up - Sprinting down Litzsinger - falling off the back and catching back up - Damn. When I finished I was smoked. I will say one thing about the ride - I hope they have stop lights at the Hillsboro road race!

1 comment: