Friday, April 24, 2009

Pack Fodder

A good all around riding week. The weather has quickly turned quite warm - which is nice. The wind is still quite strong. I am slowly bring my weight down a little bit - which I need to do.

Tuesday I rode after work for a nice long ride (post work that is) - 23 miles and I felt really good - the wind was very strong out of the Northwest. Later I rode with Kevin and Adam to the Tuesday Night Cits. The wind had really picked up. Got there to see about half of the A race. Devin got in a break away and stayed with the it, nearly lapping the field. Although he came in third - an impressive ride. My race, not so much. When I came home I told Judy "I stared with the pack and finished with the pack." I felt fine the whole race, even at the end, but the wind was getting very strong on the back stretch along the hill and by the end of the race, with minutes and three to go, every time I wanted to make a move, the field would stretch out 12 wide - there was no breaks and no one wanted to work. The race became really sketchy. It became impossible for me to move - hence the finish. Michael Pendleton was able to make a move on the last lap and finished 8th.

Wednesday night Hub Throwdown or let's kick Chris in the balls repeatedly lived up to its name. When starting, my legs felt horrible. I fell to the back of the pack on Clayton, with Bill and Bryan, and we were all in a state of semi-whine. I got somewhat of a second wind and I was able to hang the ride out. For the sprint down Litzsinger, I was third in line and the guy in front started to run out of gas. I was behind a junior and I kept waiting for him to make a move and stay on his wheel. Well, move never came. Bill, breathing down my neck said, "you have to be in it to win it!" Well, by then, no gas to give and I ended up pack fodder as a train came by. Although no love here, I considered it a victory to just finish. Average 21 on the dot.

A special faster call out to my lovely wife Judy who hung with the fast group on her albatross Ballas. She came home so proud - and thus I am proud of her! She has increased her speed every weekly ride. Way to go Judy!!!

Thursday - went for a spin after work really easy. Nothing really to say. Michael missed work due to sick kid, but was able to meet up with us. Warm weather and it turned out to be nice and relaxed. Kinda funny - we were waiting at the light at Geyer and Manchester and the dude came up to the light behind us. We were pleasant and we started on our way with me in front - nothing fast but not too slow. This guy does a dick move and blasts around us, trying to throw us off. Not so fast douche - I'm a suck ass racer - I took to his wheel and made him pull us. Well, like I thought, this dude started running out of gas and he was properly schooled!

Bike shit news. I has my headset overhauled at The Hub - it was making some bizarre noises - our order of uniforms came in and I picked up a second set - and I won a WCS carbon seatpost off Ebay for super cheap! I should be getting it this week and.... The Jake the Snake is officially pimped!

A final sad note. This weekend is the St. Louis cup and I must decline. Judy went out of town and I am at home with the kids - a call out - come and babysit tomorrow..please
Good Luck to the crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment