Friday, April 17, 2009

Mid-Week Report

Tuesday - Very Cold - temps in the low 40's. Rode after school with Michael and Jeff. Felt really strong. Pulled the majority and put down some speed on a short ride. Went out Clayton and rode The Hub Wed. ride back Conway to Spoede. I did not race that night - too damn cold!

Wednesday - was beautiful - a perfect day for a Hub throw-down. The best part of the week was when I came home from work - sitting on a box on my front porch was this:

I know - totally bitch - like the saddle was made for this bike. It was a long wait - but worth it. Is it Cross season yet? The final missing piece will be my seatpost - I'm thinking soon.
The Hub ride:
The ride was smaller - for some reason - 22 riders. Well what can I say - Fast - Fast - Fast. Average 21.3 for the 25 miles. I hung almost the entire ride - I gapped a little on the Conway Hill - but was able to catch back up - I got stuck at the end and there was a bunch up and when it strung out - being on the back - the acceleration was too much. I did the hill at over 19mph and I think the group was around 21 mph - so By Ballas I was able to close up by not falling too far behind.

Thursday - rode after school with Michael and Jeff.

Should have been a soft peddle day (even brought my Cross bike-had to sport the saddle)- but that was not what they wanted. Rode 21 miles and average 17.9 with Marshall Hill - a good average considering the wind and the Hill. I felt good and took the hill keeping over 12 mph the entire hill. A good ride. Could not do the Herman festivities so I will ride on Saturday and Sunday - it is supposed to be a rainy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment