Sunday, August 23, 2009

THE HUB BITCHES RULE - 11th Place!


Monday was the first day of school - I was really smoked this week - going back to work when you have the summer off is like winning the lottery and having somebody take it away! Oh yeah - Judy and I made STLTODAY - and yes, everybody at work saw it - AHHHHH!

Tuesday - rode after work by myself for an easy 20 miles - felt really good. That night was Tuesday Night Worlds - I felt pretty good going into it. We had a large HUB crew unlike last week. My goal this year, as said repeatedly, is to go off the front as much as I can. This time I went off the front three times! The race started really sketchy. Into the second turn at the bottom of the hill, three guys crashed into each other - luckily I had my buddy Bryan pushing me into it! - just joking. After the crash I said to this dude next to me - "here we go" knowing the guys on the front would hammer - and they did. Things never settled down - the pace was super fast - not allowing for any breaks on the front. My first time off the front I soloed a whole lap by myself - I went across the start finish line and took into the downhill turns - when I reached the base of the hill, I looked back and I had a quarter of a lap - so I jammed it up the hill and slowed up to recover. The second time - a huge break occurred off the front - One group of four and a second group. I saw Mark go and I jumped too. I was able to close on the group which felt great. The break fell apart right after I got there and we were gobbled up. I went off the front a third time up the hill, but never really got anywhere. By the end of the race I was gassed, but finished with the pack.

Afterward a large group went to TACO TUESDAY at the Tower Pub. A great time. I think there was eight of us and I think we had eight pitchers of beer! Luckily we all made our way home without a BWI (Biking while drunk).

Wednesday Night Throwdown was my last of the year - and it sucked the big dick. Everything was going great - I was near the front and the pace was hammer fast. When we hit Mason going to Conway, I covered two gaps - out of saddle type shit, and by the time we hit Conway, I was smoked. I can't believe I couldn't close that small gap - but I was officially gassed. I rode in with a small group and that was that.

Out t-shirts came in! the look great! Now Chris Miller isn;t the only one with a Hub racing shirtYou hear that Chris Miller - Now I have a t-shirt too - yeah, that's right!

Thursday - I commuted to Harris Stowe - good times!

Friday - The Hub Bitches Ruled. Went to Team Seagal's Non-Race #2 at Lost Valley. A great time and a great spoke card. This is only my third time Mountain Biking and my first time at night. We had a four man relay and copious amounts of beer. Our team: THE HUB BITCHES was made up of Ron, Andy and Devin. Team Seagal always puts on a rockin' event and this was fantastic. I only crashed three times - once into a tree - and I think I consumed 9 Coronas! No matter, I didn't get home until 12:30 and was feeling good! A big thank you to Loren Cavano and his 29'er Kona Unit and lights - I felt like a monster truck on this thing!

Saturday Hub ride - I hung back and rode with the slow group - I even took my cross bike planning for a laid back ride. A lot of people were there and it was a nice ride. I was going to do Knucklehead but Judy and I went out Sat. Night and I was tired and slept in. It was nice to rest.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to give the Kona a workout. That Monster Truck comment gave me a laugh.

    LC

    ReplyDelete