Saturday, August 8, 2009

Prairie Doggin' It

The title says it all. What a weak week - not a lot of training.

Monday - no go.

Tuesday Night Crits. Fast and a small Hub crew - in attendance was Bryan, Kevin, Mark, Robert and Tom Laury doing his first B race - with a super strong finish!The race was fine - I was sitting in - about 15 or min. into the race I felt I needed to do some work so I moved up near the front as we came across the line when a prime lap was announced - as I came around the back corner - everything opened up in front of me so I went for it. I shouted to Tom as I came by - and took off on Mark's wheel. As we came around the to the start-finish line, two Gateway guys launched a major sprint and took the prime - I came across in fourth behind Mark - two other guys were there also. We had a huge gap on the pack, a good quarter of a lap as we came around the backside - a few tried to get something organized, but I was smoked - I mean really gassed. I pulled to the side and let the pack pass and moved in near the back to relax, but no good. After about two more laps, I fell off the back - AHHHH! I fell back in on the back and rode the rest of the race out.

Wednesday - could it get more sucky. I was doing fine until we hit that back circle around Babler. I fell off the back and that was it. I really tried to put it into gear and make up some ground. I came about 30 seconds to catching them at Litzsinger but missed them. I do not know why I suck on this ride? I should be stronger but I am weak. After the ride we went with Team Revolution to Llywelyn's Pub - me and 20 chicks - OK.

Thursday and Friday - no go (Wow, I wonder why I am weak!)

Saturday - My Wedding Anniversary! (11 years) What better way to celebrate than 100 miles! The Prairie Dog Century. 100 hilly miles in 100 degree heat. Could it get any better. Judy did a great job! This ride was hilly and many people vaged out. At the last rest stop, two guys called contracted pussitiss and called it quits while Judy got and rode on. While we were coming in, we saw another guy knock off the last five miles and cheat. Judy did the whole thing! Four down, one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment