Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Into August

A fairly good week of riding - can't comment much on eating.

Monday - can't remember what the hell I did - but I think I took the day off
Tuesday - I was planning on riding Tuesday Night Crits but it got rained out.

Wednesday Night Throwdown - Fast (21.6) but I held on fine and dandy, even keeping up on Conway and I was in the sprint but finished at the back - it was nice to be there.

Thursday - went with Judy and Rich Witt over to O'Fallon, IL for a Metro East Cycling no-drop group ride. It was 30 miles on the backroads, very nice. The pace was brisker than I thought, 18 mph for the country on a relatively flat/moderate hilly no drop ride - they said it was the fastest they have gone all year. Afterwards we went back to Rich's pad and drank! I could get used to going over there!

Friday - No riding

Saturday - The Hub ride was painful - I was not feeling well - Judy came home sick Friday and I guess I picked a little something up. The whole ride was painful for me. It started on the first big effort up Geyer and continued until I got shelled. The whole 35 miles sucked. No fucking pictures here.

Sunday - Knucklehead. I felt much better. Rode with Kevin and Mark. The ride out is always slow and then the jets were turned on when we hit Strucker Road. Myself, Kevin and this guy Pierre pulled through the bottoms and through the hills shelling most of the group. When we hit Clayton, there were about 12 guys (didn't shell enough). I was taking a drink at the intersection when the light turned so I was on the back, not happy. By this point I was feeling great and wanted up front. I pulled out and passed to the top people, and this one prick would not let me in. This guy is a douchebag and has been yelled at by others on the ride. I was like, listen fuck, this isn;t a race and I have been doing 1/3 of the work. So I got pissed and took off and passed Kevin (not like a break, just came quickly around him) on the front. I jammed a pull and all of sudden this douche rode up along side and passed me. Than I was super pissed - so I hung his wheel and looked for the slightest let up - when we hit half way up a hill (nothing big) I came around him with force, Kevin on my wheel and we pushed him out (this was racing mode!) It would have been cooler if we did not not get stopped at a light. Oh well. I hate fucks like this. This guy is the same guy that one Big Shark racer, nice guy, can't remember name, yelled at a couple weeks ago for not knowing how to ride with a group. When we hit that super tough incline by Principia School, Kevin and I lit it up going way off the front - nice. The group rejoined at Ballas and that was the ride.

I really wanted to ride the State Crit this weekend on Sunday - I think I might have done OK - but my sister's son was being baptized - so that was out. I was kindof siked for doing the Maters 35 plus category - Oh well.

2 comments: