Sunday, August 30, 2009

One Week to Go!

Well - going into the one week to Gateway - Am I ready?Fuck No - I'm a suck-ass, but it is what it is.


Monday - commuted to Harris Stowe - nice ride and I saw Bill H on the cross bike! The commute is nice - especially through Forest Park (you know it!)

Tuesday - Started the Tour de Ladue - was fun, I had a lot of gas in the tank. Should of raced, but it was the only night I would see the kids. Later that night I dropped Loren's Monster bike off at his house, and while driving back, I saw Ron working late at the shop, so I stopped by. He was in a state as he was trying to put adult training wheels on a bike - no shitting - adult training wheels. This was a two man job, so I stayed and helped - they are the funniest things I have seen on a bike! Of course we had to ride it around the shop.

Wednesday - commuted to Harris Stowe - nice ride and I saw Bill H in the same spot, on the cross bike! Missed The Hub team meeting.

Thursday - rode after work - once again, I had a good amount of gas.

Friday - went to the Cardinals game with Ron, Kevin and Andy.We had a blast! What more could you want, front row parking, great seats (in the Red Bird Club), and walk off home-run by Albert Pujoles and beer. Unfortunately, too much beer (2 before the game, 4 at the game, 3 at Venice Cafe and 4 at Tower Pub) I think you get the story for Saturday - I thought I would take the day off! Props the Ron and Kevin for making The Hub ride - I was "praying" a little in the morning. I'm in Gateway training! I think the training bible said this is what great riders do the week before a big 4 day race!

Sunday - Rode Knucklehead with Mark, Kevin, and Bill. Felt great - did a monster pull through the valley that kind of smoked me, but I recovered and got on the front a bunch more times. The pace was fast, but not ballbusting. The group ended with 12-15 guys at the end. Later that day I rode with Judy and had a really nice ride. It's nice to ride with Judy.

2 comments: