Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Finally Won Something - and turned 38

The Week: A great week - full of commuting. I'll tell you, there is something about commuting that makes so much sense. When I get to work, I feel good, awake, refreshed. Commuting is a major key to biking. I was sick of using my messenger with one strap. I know tons of guys who love these things, but they just piss me off, always shift when I ride, and they seem heavy. I wanted the backpack kind - so I checked on ebay and found a mint condition Red Chrome Dually (reg. $140) going for $26 bucks - so I bid and won! Kick Ass!

Monday - Can't remember - it was the last day of daddy day camp - so I think I did no riding.

Tuesday - Commuted to work and drop off Judy's car and...
Tuesday Night Crits - An OK race - didn't do much, just hung in there. The Hub was in low attendance for the race. Pretty much it was me and Mark representing the Cat 4's. I was in the race and finished with the pack. My problem during the race was every time I tried to move my position up, like take to the outside and expend the energy, I would tuck back in and be exactly were I started. I could not advance my position so I finished where I started.

Wed. Commuted to work and to pick up Judy's car. I was unable to ride the Hub ride due to baby sitting issues. I heard it was the Wed. Night record - 22.4 mph - up from 22.1 (which I was a part of!)

Thursday - a big commuting day - rode to St. John's for a stress test - than to work - than to Harris Stowe and than home. The stress test went fine - resting heart rate-57

Friday - took the day off - It was my Birthday!!!! 38 years old!

Saturday - Woke up late for The Hub ride - so I rode the ride backwards and met up with the group. I felt really tired so it was a perfect ride. That night was The Naked Bike Ride: My thoughts - I did not do this (my job and shit like that) but he's the reality - what in the hell are these people protesting. I mean - half these fucks can barely ride a bike. Alright -this chick is hot(one reason to go) but how much commuting or bike riding do these fucks do? Any excuse to ride bikes and go naked is a plus for me - but drop the protest shit unless you really do it!
Support Team Wonderbike!

Sunday: New Belgium Urban Assault - or as I like to call it - MY KNEE HURTS Ride My teammate was Judy - Team: Which way do we go George!
This was a great time - teams dressed up and rode around the city to the City Museum, Missouri Botanical Garden, Tower Grove Park - to name a few places. Challenges included big wheels races, throwing wet sponges at Judy and of course drinkingnaughty girl scout - but always prepared! So what did we win? Best Costume - The Scouts! We got a ton of quality shit for winning - A Timbuktu bike bag, hat, t-shirts, boxes of Cliff Bars, etc. and - who hasn't had a girl scout fantasy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday Chris!
    You guys looked awesome in your costumes for UAR!
    The Post Dispatch pictures are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete