Sunday, January 11, 2009

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Wed. night Andy and I had to cancel our night ride due to snow. Rode Thursday after school for 18 miles. Good ride out the outer road and back Ladue over the hills. That guy at work bought a new Trek Madone - pretty cool bike. It got me thinking about my first race bike in high school which was a Trek with index shifting and a Shimano Bio=pace crank-set. It was really cool - red and yellow - and I had some matching yellow SIDI shoes. Unfortunately I sold it for $100 - I wish I still had it - maybe I'll track it down. My fixie bike right now is my first real bike - a 1983 Schwinn Super LeTour - I rode that bike in tons of centuries with my dad including a 500 mile cross state ride and my first double century in Litchfield, IL. Every time I think of this bike I think of my dad!

Dude - some Jack-off is trying to sell a 1985 frame on Ebay for $250 bucks

Or - you can buy this one for $28

Back to cycling - On Friday - the weather was awesome - A few Hub guys went on a long ride - but before I got off work - so no go for me. I went out on my own - My work buddy, Michael, was supposed to go but had to back out. It was a great ride. I went out for about an hour and then rode down to the city a met Judy who commuted. We then rode home together - It was fun.

On Saturday the weather was horrible and I overslept and missed spinning. Judy still went out and did the Team Revolution frost-bite ride. This weekend was shitty as far as riding went. This week is going to f'ing freezing! The big question - where the hell is my new saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment