Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday hub ride - 35 miles and cold. The temp actually dropped during the ride - so much for high 40's! Rode really slow after Friday's buster. We rode so fast on Friday I kind of hurt my gastrocnemis muscle from not properly stretching it out. It was a nice ride with Andy, Kate, Matthew on his fixed, and Devin. Kate and I set up the small sprint to the end with victory.

Props go out to Bill H - right from the start he has a flat - I'm immediately thinking he is wishing we would ride on after Friday! Then he has a second flat - once again I'm thinking he wants out - but then he turns on the jets and stays with the main group pulling some pretty high speed for Jan. - good job - beyond me.

The big bummer goes to missing Cross-Ocalypse today because my kids had church - Feast of the three kings. It seemed like it would have been a great cross event. From what I know about Rich Pierce is he can really set up good cross courses - Oh well. Cross season is officially finished for me. I plan on knocking my cross bike down and using it as my rode bike for the winter.

Speaking of cross bikes - I ordered this completely dope saddle for my cross bike. It was kind-of a late CXmas present.

Man did I love cross season. I am so looking forward to it next year!

Now for somethng I'm not getting. I saw this in Velonews and man do I want this:

But hey - who has $4500 just for the frameset - rich bastards!

No comments:

Post a Comment