Sunday, January 25, 2009

spin and swap

The weekend of biking - sort of. Saturday was indoor because the temp was 16. Hats off the my -Runner Up - wife for riding Team -Runner Up- Rev Frostbike - pretty Runnrrrrr down... tough stuff... The good news is she now has a nice new coat from the Swap Sale to keep her warm and toasty.

The Swap Sale was pretty good this year. I had fun. Just for shits and grins, ask Andy what color hell is. His answer, "Celeste Green"

I did some damage to my wallet - but it was worth it as I am almost to the end of the cross bike pimp-out. Soon Xibit will me able to say "Your bike has been pimped." I sold some of my old stuff to help recoup some cash. Here is my old stuff being sold by the boys of The Hub:

So - the big question - what did I get? The answer:

Ok here we go: On Saturday my Spooky brakes with Chris Malhausen brake shoes arrived in the mail. I know you are jealous! We forgot about the mail until we were leaving for the swap on Sunday and Judy looked and was like - what are these? It was like Christmas for me. These things are cherry! Some dude is selling a set on Ebay for more money and not as nice - I did well. At the swap I bought a WCS handlebar and a WCS carbon stem for my cross bike. They are in great shape and I saved a bunch of money from what I would have spent on Ebay. Once again, score. I also bought a new set of Craft gloves for next season and - for the hell of it - a new, in the box, ZIPP 145 stem for my racing bike. OH YEAH! Aside from the cross bike - I have been looking for a new rode stem and man did I get one. Afterward Judy and I stopped by a mall and went to Fredericks of Hollywood... but I will not discuss anything about that - this is a cycling blog - keep your mind on the road! I want to spin tonight but I have way to much work to do - hence the title of the blog! Oh well - tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this explains why Andy's wife was not too pleased when I called to let Andy know those high end $140 carbon sole Nike cycling shoes I bought for Billy at the swap meet don't fit him, and that Andy said Eva really wanted them. I probley didn't make it clear enough I wanted to just give them to Eva (only paid $20). :) She's probley thinking "$500 bike AND $140 shoes, I'm gonna kill that SOB . . ." :)

    ReplyDelete