Friday, January 2, 2009

Not much has gone on over break - not much riding to speak. Some kid, right before winter break went into the courtyard and, without leaving a footprint, shuffled his feet creating a giant penis.

This pretty much sums up my riding over the break.

Bicycle gifts for Christmas included: Oakley shades in team colors - When I get my ass dropped - man will I look cool doing it, a Rock cycling t-shirt - not a die hard fan of the team but I am of the t-shirt!

Finally got on the bike today - a baptism by fire. 60 miles up to Hillsboro then Jim Weber Hill and then Franks! God was that painful. For those who don't know Franks - ride the damn thing and you will never forget. Rode with BillH, Bryan, and Joe. I must say that due to my hibernation and fattening up, this ride was painful. No photos because I forgot my phone - however I missed I golden opportunity. At the top of Weber Hill was half a deer carcass - the back legs and the spine - that was it. Imagine climbing a deadly hill (easily way over 10% grade) at 2-3 mph and getting to the top and seeing this sight - cool but no pics - If we saw the front it would look like this!

Props to my wife for commuting to work today - go Jude!

1 comment:

  1. Chris, all I have is snapshots of oxygen deprived memories, the half eaten deer carcass was symbolic of me getting my ass kicked by Nalley, really fun seeing him excel in his element. I have done pieces of that ride but nice to put them all together into one beautiful, epic winter ride.

    ReplyDelete