Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings - Yeah, I Overslept

Weekend re-cap:

Saturday Hub Ride:
The weather was great and I was pretty pumped to ride - I actually thought about this ride, anticipating it would be balls to wall, like the last warm day ride we had, weeks ago.

The ride began with a lot of people - over 30.

It was nice to see a lot of the ladies there. It was also nice to see the return of Matt M. back with the crew. Jeff Lindhorst showed up from Ladue for his first Hub ride - he did a great job - staying and finishing with the group. A Master says faster props to Jeff - a huge success for his first time!

High points included the few fast moments that pushed the limit - Conway, the outer road, and Adams Hill that made the ride fun. I loved the part on Conway hill when we were in a sort of slow Hub pace, around 17 or so, and Hiene and Matthew attacked. Great attack and the pack followed in race mode and the pace jumped to over 20 mph - good stuff - the hurt was on.

Low points - I thought the ride was slower than usual and the mechanicals. Mine took place at the base of the hill on the outer-road. As we came to the base of the hill, there was a pretty good head wind and I was up front. I switched to my little ring in the front and dropped my chain, right at the start of the climb. Matthew tried to push, but was off balance and I pulled out of the line. I quickly caught back up and Bryan had a problem on the overpass, which was at least nice because it allowed the stragglers to catch back up - which I think should always be done on Saturday's ride. Then we got to Ballas and we had two flats at the same time - Kevin and Nat. Nat (aka. Little Old Guy) busted his wheel and had to limp home. This stop took forever - but true to the team, we stayed together - except for Bill H who had to visit nature :) I was in the sprint - but lost it as I ran out gas.

Sunday - Knucklehead.

Ok - I overslept. I went to Hacienda for dinner and put a pretty good drunk on - 5 Black and Gold Margaritas - so I slept well and forgot to "Spring Forward". I scramble and had to chase by myself down Clayton with a pretty good headwind - So I did work. I decided to follow the ride backwards and caught the group on the backside. Hubbers Kevin, Rock, Mark, Matthew were there along with Jeff from work. Once again, Jeff hung in there - good job. I did some pretty good pulls down Clayton to earn my keep. Although the group was smaller than usual and there was one or two sketchy guys - I payed them no mind - making the ride very enjoyable. A very nice weekend - recap over.

No comments:

Post a Comment