Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Feel Spring is Near - Time to Start Shaving

Man - the last three days have been in the cycling zone - Try 50 plus miler days biatches!

Tuesday was cold but I went for a little peddle with Jeff from work - I think I put the hurt on him - we rode for 28 miles. But was I finished... No - I just said I rode over 50 miles a day - damn, listen up. I went spinning at The Hub - a packed crowd for the last spin of the year. I should have taken a picture, but forgot my phone.

Wednesday I went out after work on solo ride. The temp was awesome and I thought a little peddle was in order. I rode the hour of power ride, but took it easy. But, was I finished... your pissing me off...NO! Adam, Andy and myself did the night ride, which was fantastic, the weather was beautiful. Here is the gang and of course

A Crappy picture of Andy!

Thursday - I rode after work with Michael, Jeff, and the mad sprinter himself Bryan Sauter. We rode just under thirty miles - at a pretty, at times, harsh pace. The wind was something fierce. I was tired at the start of the ride, but man did I kick the shit out of myself taking some pulls up front. Bryan put the hurt on me a few times on the hills, especially Schoettler Road Hill, which is a pretty good incline, big chain ring, 15 mph, but super long - it has three turns to it, so you never see the top until the last third. Bryan looked good as he outspun me. A special props go out to one of my best friends, Michael. Even with a truly f'ed up shoulder, he was gritting the pain and riding strong. Definitely a good rider and friend. But was I finished... yes! Ok - I did not ride 50 today, but back off, I'm tired.

Looking forward to Saturday. I anticipate, with the warm weather after an extended winter, it will be a ball-busting ride. Game face on. My bike is at The Hub getting a little maintenance - I had some drag on my SL - need to lube the hub at The Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment