Friday, March 13, 2009

Work does not equal success

I have not much to report on the riding front - especially with my first crit this weekend. Making me have second thoughts about it. Ater a strong weekend, work and life sort of kicked my ass this week. Had to scratch Monday and Tuesday because of work - missed on the first Tuesday night crit - AHHHHH.

The first Wednesday Hub ride recap. A small group for the early 5:30 start. Kevin, Rock, Ron, Andy, Chris Miller, Bill H and a couple of Big Shark 3's. The ride started off slow but picked up quickly. I was riding strong on this ride. I did my time at the front down the outer road and kept the pace throughout the ride. One of the B.S. riders took the front on Conway and pulled the entire hill at a constant 20 mph. It was so strong with the wind and I felt great with the pace. At the top, there were only a few left standing and it felt good to be there. Gave me hope for this weekend. I am still heavy and have not lost the winter weight, but the engine is strong.

Now back to reality - had to bag on Thursday because of work, had to watch the kids on Friday and Saturday, I am going to miss The Hub pre-race ride. I hope the lack of riding will not hinder my output on Sunday. I love Fo Po course and I have traditionally done well. Here I am last year-

I think I will use this race as a gut check to see where I am. I would like to go off the front at least twice - that should be a good goal - and then finish. We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment