Friday, March 20, 2009

A sick Week

After Sunday, I was looking forward to a progressive week of riding. The next hurdle is Hillsboro road race and Tillis Crit. Both are great races - Hillsboro is a beast and I hope I can survive - Tilles rocks and I have historically done well at this race.

On Monday night, I did a nice spin with Adam and El Cavano down the Grant trail - loosen up the legs after Sunday.

When I woke up the next morning, I knew something was wrong and I did not feel well. Things got worse at school. Went out riding for a good 20 miles after work and I started feeling miserable. The plan was to meet up with Andy at The Hub and ride to Tuesday Night Crits - which I did. We rode down - and things for me got progressively worse. I could feel the illness coming on - and I was trying to fight it. Using a belated wise judgment, I sat the race out and was content to root on The Hub from the sidelines. It sucked sitting out. The Hub rocked the race - always up front and working together. You could just feel that our team is all out there together.
We had a huge group riding together back to Webster - It wold have been a super fun night - but by the end, I felt like shit. That night was miserable - I had a fever, was sore, coughing, etc. I had to sit out the Wed. night ride and Thursday after school. Still today, I not back to par.

Today I am heading to the beaches at Destin, Florida - I plan on taking a bike and riding with Robbin's bike shop - who has group rides a couple of days a week. I will see how that goes. Adam gave them a thumbs up - but said they are SLOW. German, who just came back, said they were so-so.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bug. Best place to be is on the beach/pool sweating it out. Drink plenty of H20.

    LC

    ReplyDelete